Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer's Past

This past summer I interned at Florida State University Sports Information Office and worked full-time at Sprint. Both of my summer activities were very relevant to my PR degree as in they gave me several opportunities to practice my public relations skills. I was able to work on my writing skills by writing articles, verbal communication skills when communicating with customers on a daily basis, and editing skills when working on the sports media guides at my internship.

This fall (my last semester at Florida A&M University) the public relations courses I am taking are Public Relations Campaigns and Public Relations Practicum. These two courses will specifically help me with knowing how to successfully develop a campaign that meets all goals and objectives of my client. They will also help with the preparing my portfolio for future employers. Also this semester I am taking a photography class, I believe that this class will help me become more creative It will also help me to understand what helps my client best visually.

Outside of school and work and internship, I wont be participating in any other activites other than doing some part-time publicity work for my cousin's artist that he is managing. Most of the work I will be doing for him will be writing press releases, working on a media kit and helping with bookings. This will ultimately further expand and perfect my public relations skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment